February 25, 2011
Boleros were mostly popular in the late 30s and into the 40s and there was a sprinkling of it into the early 1950s. They were almost always an accompaniment to a dress or suit but we've seen boleros with summer playsuits and pant suits.


Definition of Bolero: A short cropped jacket ending above or at the waist and worn open. Most boleros do not have a collar or lapels.


Vintage boleros from the 1930s to the early 1950s.

So what exactly is a bolero? Usually when one thinks of a bolero visions of a Spanish matador come into mind, which is correct as the bolero jacket was derived from this fashion. (At least to the best of our knowledge!) To keep it simple, just remember that a bolero never has closures. If it does then it's a cropped jacket, not a bolero.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I just stumbled upon your blog, what a treat. I love vintage too. Thought you may find this to be of interest.

    http://dressedtothe9sconnie.blogspot.com/2011/01/clothes-from-my-past.html

    I'm certainly going to follow you now. I am also adding you to my bloglist so that others may stumble on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that emensuits one of the best brand clothing seller have a great discount to us in all their products like as big suits,suits online,man suits,topcoats,tuxedo,slacks and many more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee